- hooglehippie reblogged this from adamyoungofficial
- tfk321smile likes this
- kayleethekiwi reblogged this from adamyoungofficial
- lightilea reblogged this from adamyoungofficial
- lightilea likes this
- embers-burning-bright likes this
- glassrook likes this
- apapertardis likes this
- gracekathleenb likes this
- hootowl-city likes this
- misnight likes this
- panther-swag likes this
- jesus-wubs-you likes this
- radicalshmatical likes this
- keeping-pride likes this
- elizabethxoxo14 likes this
- ellarandom reblogged this from lazarusknowsthetruth
- jesus-heals reblogged this from grace--amazing
- iamprincessesther reblogged this from lazarusknowsthetruth
- iamprincessesther likes this
- lazarusknowsthetruth reblogged this from grace--amazing
- lazarusknowsthetruth likes this
- grace--amazing reblogged this from adamyoungofficial
- mezzfam likes this
- agent-fangirl likes this
- kiicigo likes this
- plummet-as-i-sing likes this
- shipwrecked-intheseaoffaces likes this
- lokilockedphandom likes this
- queen-firefly likes this
- bethabney likes this
- kayla-appreciation-blog likes this
- yohanafebri reblogged this from adamyoungofficial
- lunarblue21 likes this
- artsly123 reblogged this from adamyoungofficial and added:
- emaye228 likes this
- fayarietta likes this
- thebeautifuldarksidewins likes this
- angiejupiter likes this
- artsly123 likes this
- kuscollama likes this
- caroshin likes this
- sanclemente145 likes this
- sanclemente145 reblogged this from adamyoungofficial
- takeitfromme28 likes this
- wakingupintears likes this
- dorkygirrrl likes this
- owllover17 likes this
- vwatson72 likes this
- bealivelivewell likes this
Theological falcon punch to the mind. Meat and potatoes starts at 12:40.
"I Am Who I Am" by John Piper, September 8th, 2012
1. God’s absolute being means he never had a beginning. This staggers the mind. Every child asks, “Who made God?” And every wise parent says, “Nobody made God. God simply is. And always was. No beginning.”
2. God’s absolute being means God will never end. If he did not come into being he cannot go out of being, because he is being. He is what is. There is no place to go outside of being. There is only he. Before he creates, that’s all that is: God.
3. God’s absolute being means God is absolute reality. There is no reality before him. There is no reality outside of him unless he wills it and makes it. He is not one of many realities before he creates. He is simply there as absolute reality. He is all that was eternally. No space, no universe, no emptiness. Only God. Absolutely there. Absolutely all.
4. God’s absolute being means that God is utterly independent. He depends on nothing to bring him into being or support him or counsel him or make him what he is. That is what the word “absolute” being means.
5. God’s absolute being means rather that everything that is not God depends totally on God. All that is not God is secondary, and dependent. The entire universe is utterly secondary. Not primary. It came into being by God and stays in being moment by moment on God’s decision to keep it in being.
6. God’s absolute being means all the universe is by comparison to God as nothing. Contingent, dependent reality is to absolute, independent reality as a shadow to substance. As an echo to a thunderclap. As a bubble to the ocean. All that we see, all that we are amazed by in the world and in the galaxies, is, compared to God, as nothing. “All the nations are as nothing before him, they are accounted by him as less than nothing and emptiness” (Isaiah 40:17).
7. God’s absolute being means that God is constant. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He cannot be improved. He is not becoming anything. He is who he is. There is no development in God. No progress. Absolute perfection cannot be improved.
8. God’s absolute being means that he is the absolute standard of truth and goodness and beauty. There is no law-book to which he looks to know what is right. No almanac to establish facts. No guild to determine what is excellent or beautiful. He himself is the standard of what is right, what is true, what is beautiful.
9. God’s absolute being means God does whatever he pleases and it is always right and always beautiful and always in accord with truth. There are no constraints on him from outside him that could hinder him in doing anything he pleases. All reality that is outside of him he created and designed and governs as the absolute reality. So he is utterly free from any constraints that don’t originate from the counsel of his own will.
10. God’s absolute being means that he is the most important and most valuable reality and the most important and most valuable person in the universe. He is more worthy of interest and attention and admiration and enjoyment than all other realities, including the entire universe.